13th-15th May 2022
District Camp 2022
“To the Moon and Beyond”
Fareham West traditionally comes together for one weekend to celebrate Scouting. This happens approximately every 3 years. The event caters for all youth sections, with fun, adventurous, and challenging activities.
The upcoming event will be led by the District Youth Commissioner as part of the district’s Plan-Lead-Represent strategy, with the entire weekends programme being planned and shaped by young people. This is a first for any large-scale Scout event in Hampshire!
The young people will be supported by a behind the scenes team of diligent members, who will work together to turn the Young People’s ideas into reality.
- The theme is “To the Moon and Beyond”. The programme and schedule are still being drawn up, but the rough structure will follow from previous years. Attendees can join on the Friday evening (13th May) and camp overnight in their groups, Saturday will be a fully packed day of fun activities and challenges, evening entertainment and a campfire. On the final day it is intended to provide some smaller activities during the pack down period.
- The Saturday will be open to day-visitors – Young People and leaders who may not be able to camp overnight and just wish to join for the activity day.
- Explorers and Network will be given the opportunity to go off-site for their activities
- Activities include:
Astronaut Boot Camp Assault Course
|Astronaut Training Wipeout Sweeper|
|Evacuation Mega Slide|
|Inflatable Climbing Wall|
|Astronaut Training Wipeout Balls|
|Mars Cave Bus|
|Space Boot Wanging|
|Canoes over the lakes of Titan|
|Space Flight Simulator|
|Egg Drop Contest|
|Hunger Games Zone|
*Any adult volunteer who attends will be required to hold a satisfactory DBS as per The Scout Associations POR.
- 13th-15th May 2022
Add the event to your calendar
- Please ask your GSL or see the members area
- £25 for Campers or £20 for Day Visitors
- All groups, sections and units are invited – Group Scout Leaders will receive official invites in Autumn 2020.
- All adult volunteers are invited including occasional helpers and admin teams*.
- The Camp Management Team are currently working on special guests who could attend.
Youth and Leader Voice is incredibly important, it’s your event. Please contribute below.
Youth Voice: www.menti.com and use the code 5959 3415
Leader Voice: https://ideaboardz.com/for/District%20Camp/3808304
Questions and Contacts:
Please direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org